Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Could Never Do That

It was February 1 that I started eating, for the first time in my life, healthy. Virtually cut out all oil, sugar, and salt. No meat. Of any form. My husband started on February 14. That's when we both hit the ground running. Valentine's Day. What a way to show the love. We committed to six weeks of Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live.
I just read a great post on his blog. It resonated because I get the same thing! People notice that we have lost weight, and inevitably they ask us how we did it. Simple: fruits, veggies, beans, and nuts, whole grains. That's about it. At least for the first 6 weeks. And then I almost always get a comment along the lines of, "Oh well, I guess I'll stay fat!" And I can see them pondering the next possible solution to their weight issues.
Believe me, there is no quick fix answer. Go ahead and try Atkins. It won't last. Paleo. Same. There's no trick. You are what you eat. And it's not how much you eat, it's WHAT YOU EAT.
Come to terms with the real issue: HEALTH. Is your health important to you? Do you want a healthy life for your kids/grandkids?  Do you want to be able to take an active part in their lives? At this point, my response is "I could never NOT do that." I feel great. I never get sick. I have tons of energy. And I know that I am doing good for my 'ohana.
Get the book, soft cover, audiobook, or kindle version.  I have read it over 4 times. Everytime I learn something new. And it always inspires me.
What about you? Could you do it? What is six weeks out of your lifetime? Six weeks will go by quickly. You will be so inspired by the changes you experience, you will not go back to an unhealthy lifestyle. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...