Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quick Meals

When I changed to a plant strong diet, it changed everything I knew about cooking. I lived for fat and sugar. I bought olive oil, butter (real only please) and cheese (a couple different kinds) in bulk from Costco. Everytime I went there. Oh and eggs too.  Grabbed two 18 packs everytime I went. And if you know me you know I made my own Greek style yogurt and other scrumptious goodies as often as I could.
Well things are different now. None of that. The first six weeks was the big challenge. No dairy. No sugar (not even agave or stevia, no splenda or anything fake). No oil. Definitely nothing that was born with eyes. Not even fish :-(. No salt. And I had to learn a whole new way to cook.
But really, it wasn't that bad. Instead of frying in oil, I use a little bit of water. No big deal. Instead of adding meat, I don't. Simple as that. I just thought I'd share a few pics of simple meals you could surely whip up.
Plain ole veggisd, ready to be grilled.  You don't need any seasoning or olive oil.

Corn salad. Just corn, avocado, and tomatoes. I think I threw in some green onion, too.

Grilled pineapple. Its sweetness increased 10x by being grilled.

A veggie burger! Costco has at least 4 different options. I love Dr. Praegers California Veggie Burgers. Read the ingredients and get the one with the least (and no oil or additives)

Kōʻelepālau (just plain old cooked sweet potato and coconut milk)

No pork and squash soup. Just make it the same way. But no pork.

Fried brown rice. Just saute all kinds of veggies first. I used onion, zucchini, bell pepper, and chard.


Miso soup is SO EASY!! Dashi and miso.

Add tofu and wakame
Anything good for you takes a little time. But you deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...