Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kale Omelette

I am not opposed to eating eggs. I don't eat them nearly as much as I used to. In fact this is the first time I have eaten eggs in over a month. But I couldn't resist. After days of steel cut oats with fruits to sweeten it or fruitie smoothies, I crave something savory.

I went in the garden and grabbed a few leaves of kale. You could use chard or spinach. Just chop it up. How much, you ask? However much you want. No need to measure. I also thought some of the Ho Farms tomatoes that I puchased at the KCC Farmer's Market last weekend would taste fabulous in this omelette.

No oil needed. I put a small amount of water in the pan, added chopped garlic (about 3) and the kale and just let it water saute for a few minutes. Then I added the tomatoes and soon after that, the eggs. I used 3 egg whites and 2 whole eggs. For seasoning I used Mrs. Dash and freshly ground pepper. Since I didn't use any oil in the pan the eggs did stick. But because I used a nonstick pan it wasn't such a difficult clean up. Definitely worth not having to deal with the extra calories.

It seriously hit the spot. Savory delish.
Kale and swiss chard, fresh from my garden box

These were the cutest little tomatoes, each one a different taste

Definitely worth it

Chop up your greens

Eggs just added. No oil in pan. Just a little water.

Finished product plated

Oh so delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...