Sunday, June 19, 2011

Random Gardening

Evidence of why sandy soil is necessary for growing carrots. But still, THEY GREW! I'm thrilled.

My mom gave me this. Something I definitely wouldn't buy but who knows...

Finally planted more seeds: beets, zucchini, red peppers, swish chard.

I MOWED! Here is a view of my gardening area.

The tomato plant on the left is a "wild" plant. Cherry tomato plants are popping up everywhere.

Yay! A new box! Now all I need is soil.

Chicken coops sans chickens.

The "Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter" upside planter kit my mom gave me. I planted a zucchini plant in it. Box said it would work! Will keep you updated.

My composting area. Got a brand new spinning composter from Costco.

The tomato plant is really aggressive.

I LOVE ZUCCHINI!



Chard looks a little wilted but it perks right up in cooler weather. Asparagus is growing heartily, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...