On a typical day this is how it goes:
1. Breakfast option 1 - It takes me 5 minutes to prep oatmeal either for the day OR the week. Make enough to last you a few days. It keeps quite well in the fridge. and heats up very well in the microwave. I can heat up a bowl of oats that I made earlier in the week, then stir in some soy milk to make it thinner and creamier and it's ready to go. I will put some banana slices on it, sometimes I'll top it with ground flax, chia seeds, an assortment of nuts, frozen blueberries, ANYTHING I WANT!
|Coaches Oats with banana|
2. Breakfast option 2 - a smoothie in the blender. I just add 1/3 green veggie (spinach, kale, whatevers), 1/3 frozen fruit, 1/3 ice/non dairy milk and maybe a couple dates.
|A full to the brim green smoothie (makes 4)|
|Strictly fruit for dessert|
3. Breakfast option 3 - on the weekend I might make whole grain pancakes or stir fry some veggies in a water bath (like chard or choy sum, onions, garlic, carrots, zucchini) and throw in an egg or two.
4. Lunch option 1 - a hugh jass salad. Basically that greens with a bunch of other veggies and beans and even fruits on it and topped with a great dressing. The varieties are endless.
|Hugh Jass Salad|
4. Lunch option 2 - a veggie burger. Fast.
|Love a good mushroom burger...too bad the bun isn't whole grain.|
|homemade with corn on the cob and sweet potato fries|
5. Lunch option 3 - take out: Korean veggies are my fave. Thai food (papaya salad or summer rolls). Vegan burrito.
|Boiling Korean soup in the hot pot|
|Veggie thai curry|
|A beautiful burrito|
6. Lunch option 4 - some sort of soup (miso is great or I buy a case of the Amy's Lentil Soup from Costco).
7. Dinner - the simple dishes are: stir fries (with tofu or sukiyaki), no meat chilis, tortilla soup, more salad, bean soups, a variety of stews (curry, regular, indian, thai), lasagna, burritos, summer roll your owns, brown rice sushi make your owns.
|Three bean Chili!|
|Enchilada w/ daiya cheese|
|Wrapping a burrito...where's the greens?|
Snacks: raw nuts of any variety, cut veggies or whole grain crackers with a variety of dips (salsa, guacamole, bean, hummus, pesto), fruits, smoothies, banana and peanut butter, kale chips, sweet potatoes.
|guacamole and whole grain crackers|
|pesto hummus and regular hummus|
Desserts: cookie dough balls, banana "ice cream", bananas and any nut butter, fruits (fresh or frozen), carrot zucchini muffins, oat bars, and MORE!