Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Back on the Saddle

I was reading one of my favorite blogs this morning, Healthy Girl's Kitchen, and I swear I felt like she was watching me from afar. Yesterday was the first time since I started eating healthy (2/1/2011) that I indulged so drastically. I had 2 coffee milk chocolate candies (the best I have ever tasted, straight from Maui), one almond cookie (straight from Chinatown in SF), and half of a peanut butter brownie dipped in milk chocolate (from my favorite go to chocolate store, Big Island Candies). I don't know what came over me. And this was all between 12 - 3:30 pm. Fortunately, I got right back in the proverbial saddle and went on my nutritarian way. But it was scary.
Every since I embarked on this new eating lifestyle I swear my cravings have virtually diminished. But lately it has been rearing its ugly head and gone straight to my mouth. Reading Healthy Girl's Kitchen helped fortify my efforts. I have spent way too much time trying to be an eating perfectionist to no avail. And now I know, after all these years, that I don't have to be perfect, not in my eating or any other part of my life. And when I'm in a situation where I have to ponder my next move (keep on indulging or get back in the saddle) I think about the "road" I hope my own children would take. And whatever THAT road might be is where I take myself. I only want the best for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...