Friday, February 24, 2012

Getting My Walk On

I remember reading this: The key to good health (and weight loss) is diet and exercise. But DIET is the trump card. I know people who have exercised up the ying yang to no avail in the weight loss area. It can be quite frustrating. And then you buy into the belief that "you're building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat and that's why you're not showing weight loss." Babe-muscle does not weigh THAT much more. You probably are toning up and losing millimeters but more than likely you are eating more. Best you combine exercise with a plant strong diet.

This is me in the Great Aloha Run 2011. One year ago. I had been working out the previous year (2010) doing lots of walking (a little running but not much) and Zumba and Wii Fit. And trying to do better in the eating realm.

Yay to Kaipo for going the distance with me in 2011. In 2012 she was a volunteer!

While I did run a LITTLE bit last year I mostly walked.


This is me one year later (last weekend) in the same Great Aloha Run but the difference is that I started my plant strong lifestyle, virtually cutting out meats, dairy, sugar, salt and oil.

Didn't run a lick this year.

Girls posing!

Diet is the trump card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...