Thursday, March 1, 2012

Food Saver & Canning Jars

You've read about salad jars on my blog here and here. I'm starting to take it to a whole new level. While I haven't used my food saver on a salad jar I did try it on several other things I store in my  jars, just to keep them fresher longer. I got the idea on this blog post. Clever huh? It's just what I'm going to need to keep my veggies fresher longer because I can't stand wilted lettuce. I went on Amazon and order the wide mouth and regular mouth sealer. Delivery was quick! And then with the help of my hubby we set out to vacuum seal pasta, cornmeal and more. Super easy.

You just need to put on the top part (not the screw on part) on your mason jar.

Put on the jar sealer

grab the little hose thingy on your sealer and stick the nozzle in the sealer

press the button on the machine

and the rest is a piece of cake!

When the sealing is done, you just remove the jar sealer and screw on the screw on part (although you don't really need to). Good luck popping it off! You actually need to get a butter knife to pop it off! Vacuum means TIGHT! and fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...