Sunday, February 12, 2012

Loving Hut Honolulu



Stuck between a rock and a hard place at a meeting in Honolulu (a.k.a. no veggie meal ordered) gave me a great excuse to grab a couple of challengers at Kawaiaha'o Plaza and head on out to an eatery I knew about but had never been.

I first went to Loving Hut in San Francisco and really liked it! It was fast (you can choose your 2-3 items for your plate) and delicious. I ended up eating there a couple of times.

I had heard that there was a Loving Hut in Honolulu, right on South King Street so we headed there to get a quick bite to eat. Ironic that it's right near the Baskin-Robbins.

What a pleasant surprise. Though not nutritarian (they use organic sugar and oil) the choices are delectable and varied. I had the heavenly salad (shredded cabbage, carrots, tofu, onion, herbs, with a delicious dressing (I should have asked them to reduce the amount so as not to have too much sugar). Yummy. My friend had the tofu tomato scramble and the curry and loved both.

As we drove back to our meeting, we ended up passing another Loving Hut, right on Pensacola! And it has a whole different menu!

Next up on my next adventure into vegan dining: Peace Cafe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...