Wednesday, February 1, 2012

More Salad Jars


I just blogged about "salad jars" last week. It is seriously the latest greatest thing since fried rice! Or should I say "un"fried rice! I use quart ball jars like the ones above. And below. I think my husband might be able to use the even BIGGER jars. He can eat. Maybe fixings in one jar and lettuce in another.

Pour a couple tablespoons of dressing in the bottom and add beans. In this case I have chickpeas, a.k.a. garbanzo.

Then just layer whatever you have. As you add the beans the dressing gets a bit dispersed. I have added red bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, pea shoots and black beans. It took all my energy to not add corn. Maybe next time. I need to leave room for greens!

I stuffed spinach in there and then realized that I meant to add ground flax seed for my omega 3!

Top it off with more spinach and then almond slivers

All set for three days of lunch. Shake well before eating. It helps to get that dressing going. Otherwise you pour it into your bowl and the beans and dressing kind of get stuck in there.

A thing of beauty. I'm pretty darn proud of myself. It can only get better!
Now all I have to do is remember to take a big bowl to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...