Friday, March 2, 2012

Licious Dishes

I fell in love with Licious Dishes last year when I went to KCC and happened upon the booth of Sylvia and Pete Thompson featuring very creative and delicious raw foods. Disclaimer: while raw foods are generally very high in fruits, veggies, nuts and whole grains, they can also contain oils, sugars, and salt.  With that out of the way, I would still highly recommend foods at Licious Dishes. Sylvia uses organic high quality and when at all possible, local ingredients. If you stop by her LITTLE shop at Dole Cannery, you can also buy hemp seed, spirulina, chia seeds and much more. 

Outside their Dole Cannery store

Sylvia (w/ the blue apron) and her crew pause for a photo


Sylvia and Pete Thompson

Their booth at KCC Farmer's Market) Saturday
My ultimate favorite thing to buy at her shop is the Macho Nachos. It is my chip fix. When I cannot make my own kale chips, I grab an order of Macho Nachos. It has the perfect mix of spicy, crunchy, yummy goodness. When I need a meal when others want to eat at Costco I run into Licious Dishes and grab me a Not Tuna Salad or a Garden Burger. I can honestly say that there is NOTHING I don't like that Licious Dishes makes. Honestly. Check out her meals and grab and goes here.

Her hubby is a KS grad and together they radiate health so there must be something working in a raw diet. In fact, Dr. Fuhrman touts eating raw! I bet you're not meeting your one pound of raw veggies a day! But if you buy your meals from Licious Dishes you just might meet that goal!

Go check them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...