Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie

I first saw the makings of this delicious shake on a youtube video. Chef AJ is all about Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live lifestyle. You can friend Chef AJ on Facebook. She's my fave. Oh. And don't forget to buy her book, Unprocessed, at amazon.com.

Ingredients
3 cups Almond or soy milk
1 cup Pomegranate juice (optional)
6 oz. spinach
2 cups frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana
2 dates (don't forget to remove the seed)
2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder

Blend together.  Enjoy. Okay, now back to the ingredients...I don't ever measure the ingredients. I just kind of dump the stuff in. This morning I made a blender full. In fact, it was a little too full. Good thing my husband wasn't nearby with his white shirt on. Yikes! It ended up making 3 jars and one venti size cup of smoothies, plenty for me to share with some friends. I almost fill the blender with the spinach. and then I add enough milk (and sometimes don't even use the pomegranate juice if I don't have any) to fill the blender about 1/2 to 2/3 full. Then I put in about 3-4 cups of blueberries, 4 pitted dates (I will never forget to take the seed out because, well, I did forget one time), a banana (or 3 or 4 depending on how big they are) and 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder. And then I added some ice. Just to make it even more icy good.
 I shared it. And they loved it. True.
all the "dry" ingredients
side view for your pleasure
See how much soy milk?
3 jars full and one venti cup full

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...