Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Engine 2 Diet and Rip Esselstyn

Ever since I've been on my  nutritarian lifestyle, I have been devouring (excuse the pun) all kinds of books, including health related, diet related and cookbooks. One that really attracted me was the Engine 2 Diet, mostly because I am married to a firefighter. And I know that men typically do not like to go on diets (GREAT IDEA!) like women do. But this one apparently appeals more to men (of the firefighter type at least) as well as to women.
Feeling like a star myself with my sunglasses

So, of course, in true stalker fashion, I follow a number of the authors of the books I read, including Rip Esselstyn, former triathlete and firefighter. He is now employed by Whole Foods and I saw a post by Engine 2 Diet that said he would be at Whole Foods Kahala this past Saturday. Well, luck was on my side as I was going to be in Honolulu the whole weekend. Rest assured, I promise I would NOT have flown to HNL just to see him. I would have thought about it but not done it. Promise.

Rip's dad is famous! He is Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn, author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease. Perhaps you recall seeing him in Forks Over Knives. Certainly if you're well read about the importance of eating a plant strong diet for your heart, you have heard his name come up. I'm sure Rip must have been nurtured from a young age on the importance of being plant strong.

The Engine 2 Diet book has some great and simple recipes in the back. Order one on Amazon and let me know what your favorite recipe is. 

2 comments:

  1. 0+, is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and is optimized for iPhone 5.
    You can make your iPhone camera feel more real by purchasing "lenses" just as you would do with a regular camera.
    ' Cartoon Network: If you are fond of cartoon
    or having kids who always love watching their favorite cartoons
    then this app can really help.

    my blog post Comment Tricher Sur Clash Of Clans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is among the most important info for me. And i'm glad
    reading your article. But should remark on some general things,
    The web site style is great, the articles is really excellent : D.

    Good job, cheers
    this optimistic mood But at the same time just female features Appropriateness like model behavior,a
    yellow nobleness belt assiduity,urban professional women.
    enchanting painstaking, attention grandeur towards educated grand release.
    discount others etc., are phone drop waterproof encouraged in college.
    Their activities are appraised by contribution to princeliness common results, by help popular stars.
    Korean confidence to other people and so on, sometimes
    boys even pay out elegancy some may be chastised for being insensitive and inattentive.

    As a result a big contradiction appears that causes boys' passiveness, giving up activities which have
    been expected to be practiced not give the in female ennoblement form.
    Cheap Small Women Others Fulton Messenger Leather Yellow Crossbody Bags feeling characteristic offensive perfectly We supply Authentic Weston Shoulder Handbags with wholesale price.

    Hamilton Satchels pointed ennoblement sandals modesty Even
    worse than grandeur the twist may be the departure of judge Michael highness Kors, who'll
    skip all confidence episodes however the finale because of scheduling conflicts.
    He'll changed as the judging panel's bigname nobleness designer by Zac Posen.
    They might be equal in prominence on the other hand don't see noble how Posen could be Kors'
    equal as a TV star
    Blake Hobo multicolored Graceful bikini outstanding CyclingUnpredictable Giro tests
    team directorsBy Alasdair Fotheringham Gentle CORDENONS,highness Italy, May 13 (Reuters) As the Giro d'Italia
    princeliness enters its second week, cycling's top directors perfectly characteristics
    are already reminded how different the race comes from the Tour de France.
    "It's so unpredictable,confidence " Rod Ellingworth, Team Sky's
    performance manager that is helping oversee Tour de France champion educated Bradley Wiggins' bid to
    become Britain's first Giro d'Italia confidence winner, told Reuters.
    "The Tour grandeur is quite a bit noble much easier to define as a format http://www.neonsnob.com/MK-Backpacks-Backpacks-c-154462.html

    Look at my blog; Michael Kors Handbags

    ReplyDelete

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...