Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'm NOT on a Diet



It's been over one year since I changed my eating lifestyle. I went REALLY strict for many of those months (Dr. Fuhrman's 6 week challenge many times over cutting out all salt, sugar, dairy, meat, refined carbs). Right now I'm more on a 80/20 plan. I eat lots and lots of fruits and veggies all day long and once in a whiel I'll splurge. Today's splurge consisted of eggs benedict this morning (that was QUITE a splurge is is not the norm of my splurges). After that auspicious beginning I ate dehydrated bananas, a few dried bananas, potato  leek soup for dinner. And some peanut butter mixed with 1/2 tsp of raw honey.

My meals nowadays are usually really really simple. In the past dinners used to be huge and varied. Now I am satisfied with something quick and rather bland. A salad is fine. Or a bowl of soup. I could eat oatmeal every single morning as long as it had raisins or bananas in/on it. And I can munch on a bowl of small tomatoes for lunch.

It's not a diet anymore. It's how I eat. It's how I'll eat forever. I hope. I cannot believe how I can sit with a bowl of cherry tomatoes and enjoy each and everyone, much like I enjoy grapes. Yup. That is my life in a nutshell. Chocolate candies don't excite me. For the first time ever I passed up the opportunity to buy super cheap black jelly beans before Easter. But hand me a piece of dark chocolate covered Marzipan and I'll eat it. Give me some kalbi and chances are I will go back for seconds. A fresh just caught fish meal? I'm there.

I'm not on a diet. I'm eating healthy. Most of the time. And I feel good.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...