Saturday, July 2, 2011

Miso Sesame Dressing

After last night's successful salad/dressing combo Hail to the Kale, I wanted to continue showing off by offering my family another dressing choice. They were ready to put the hail to the kale dressing on everything besides kale! It went on cucumbers, cabbage, and a few fingers.
This afternoon I finally got to make a miso sesame dressing that I have had tabbed on my browser for at least a week! I was just waiting for the inspiration to make it. Gena, blogger of Choosing Raw, posts some of the best recipes!

Here is the recipe:

(It makes a lot. You could probably cut it in half and be fine)
1/2 cup mellow white miso
1/3 cup agave nectar (or 3-5 dates)
1/2 cup tahini
3-4 tbsp tamari
1/2 - 1 inch fresh ginger
1 1/2 cup water

1) Blend all ingredients together on high. Add more water if the mixture is too thick.

I ended up using dates rather than agave nectar and I thought it turned out great. The next time I make it I think I will add more fresh ginger. I did have to add more water, probably because of the dates.
I was so excited at how good it tasted that I grabbed my iphone to snap the pictures. I was afraid that if I left to go get the "real" camera, the salad might disappear!


No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...