Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 5

I just read a blog post about a "month without processed foods" challenge. My response to that? Bring it on baby, because this "eat local challenge" even though it is only a week long can kick the processed food challenge in the rear end area. A month without processed foods? Come on now! It's a good place to start as we perhaps make our way to sticking with local raised and grown products.

This challenge is changing the way I think. At least for this week. I am hoping that much of what I am doing this week will transfer into my everyday living. It makes so much sense to do so but I love rice. I bought a 20 lb bag of brown rice today for the family, after all (on sale at Longs). And pasta is as close to a best friend as I can get. And then I recall my new year's resolution to NEVER give up butter. I can't be running to Naked Cow Dairy in Wai'anae every week. I do have my vices.

For breakfast this morning, besides my 100% Kona coffee, I cracked two local eggs into a tupperware of my stewed tomatoes and mushrooms (leftovers from last night's dinner) and zapped it in the microwave for 2 minutes. I think this may be a new favorite of mine. Fast and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...