Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Prime Rib Hash

Sorry no pics for this post but I just have to rave about a prime rib hash that I made using Easter leftovers.  Got the recipe idea from Simply Recipes.  No measurements. No massive chopping.  I used my food processor and a big skillet!

Ingredients (ingredients are approximate measurements)
8 - 12 oz. leftover prime rib (or any steak would work I suppose)
1 large onion (roughly chopped in processor)
8 oz. mushrooms  (roughly chopped in processor)
4+ cups leftover mashed potatoes (or cut up cooked potatoes would probably work well)
1 Tablesppon each - olive oil/butter

Directions
Heat olive oil and butter in skillet. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms to skillet with onion and cook both for another 6 minutes. Or so. Add the chopped up prime rib (I chopped it up pretty good in the food processor but I suppose you could chop it up small by hand). and mix well. Add mashed potatoes and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. I really liked it. One family member thought it was great use of leftovers. Another family member "ate way too much." I am not going to write what the last member thought. She apparently didn't care for my creative use of leftover mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...