Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Most Yummy Weekend Glow Kale Salad

I always try to give credit where credit is due. For this post all the credit goes to the Oh She Glows blogger, Angela Liddon. And my friend, Jenn. But here's the full story:

I went to a first birthday party celebration. The food line consisted of all the delicious goodness you would expect at a local Hawaiian pāʻina, mostly things I don't need to consume (namely fat...I got more than I already need). But I was quickly directed to another table, off to the side, that was for the nutritarians at the party (and there were several). It was stock full of big salads. One of them (the one that I kept going back for over and over) had what I was told was the Oh She Glows Weekend Glow Kale Salad. OMG. Whoa. Wowza. Was it good. I could not stop. It had a million different veggies and fruits in it. Or so it seemed. And all chopped in bite sized pieces. I so do not like having to use a knife with my salad.

As soon as I could, I made some at home. Only thing is I only followed the dressing recipe. Whatever went into the salad part was what I had on hand at home: chard, peppers, beets, carrots, garbanzo beans, corn and cherry tomatoes. Any veggies will do. Raisins or some sort of fruits cut small are a must. And a nut or two Maybe some seeds. I used pecans. Trust me when I say the dressing recipe is forgiving because I know I didn't have enough lemon OR tahini. And I only added half the oil. But I did add oil. Next time I'll try it without.

Click on Angela's link here to get the full recipe.

Dressing in the food processor.

I poured the dressing on and mixed and THEN put the beets on top. I didn't want pink chard. That's just wrong.

Close up view of goodness.

Don't you just love beet lips on my babe magnet?

A nutritarian baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLOW FOOD FRIDAY

S L O W   F O O D    F R I D A Y Wow. Has it been that long? Don't think I fell off the face of the earth due to my increased weig...